Founded in 1974, the Women’s Center was established to:
Dismantle, from a feminist perspective, all forms of oppression, including but not limited to those based on ability, age, class, ethnicity, gender, race, and sexual orientation.
Advocate for an equitable environment free from violence and harassment based on gender, race, and sexual orientation.
Create an anti-racist, non-sexist, queer-affirmative space where all people can feel valued and safe.
Facilitate and strengthen connections among people across lines of difference through programming and educational campaigns.
Integrate an appreciation of Women's Gender and Multicultural Studies across the disciplines.


Monday, April 11, 2011

"The P Spot"

I'm proud to say I have finally been able to attend a CLPP Conference at Hampshire College! While taking in the campus' breath-taking beauty and the overwhelming sense of community acceptance by neighboring towns, I also learned a great deal of information.

In the past I have facilitated sex toy workshops so I was really interested to hear someone else give this presentation and to learn even more. The selling point of the workshop to me, however, was learning about the "P Spot". I had always known this term just in other words, such as "the G spot but for guys". The facilitator gave out great information on how to make each spot "feel good", (we discussed the "C Spot" and "G Spot" too) as well as which toys work best with each spot.

The facilitator also recommended a great sex toy store in Northampton, MA called Oh My. After the workshop some friends and I explored the downtown area of Northampton and found the shop as well as a great pizzeria.

While I generally stray away from conferences, this conference was a really great experience and I recommend it to anyone interested in reproductive rights and social justice issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment