How likely is the opening act to be about male actors who have been on screen with their shirts off? Not very. Let's please stop over-sexualizing women.
2. The idea of George Clooneybeing with Quvenzhané Wallis was discussed. Yes, she is nine years old. Yes, this was a joke. Yes, it was in poor taste. Let's stop looking at females as "she only has to be this age to be with this male" and instead talk about their accomplishments. We're still talking about women in relation to men way too often, rather than simply about women.
3. There was a joke about domestic violence; Seth MacFarlane said of Django Unchained: “Django is a movie where a woman is subjected to violence, or as we call it, a Chris Brown and Rihanna date movie.” Violence, all types of it, should not be used as the subject of a joke either. When serious issues are joked about, it inappropriately makes light of them. Cases of violence should always be taken seriously.
4. Jennifer Aniston was said to have an unacknowledged past of being an exotic dancer. She presented with Channing Tatum, who has acknowledged his previous occupation as a stripped. It's not a problem to be a stripper, but it is a problem to make jokes about anyone -male or female- being a stripper.
5. Seth Macfarlane joked about women who "mysteriously" got the flu before the awards show, saying that this was part of a diet plan. No, no. Last I checked, the flu is a serious illness. Furthermore, the choices of women (and everyone else) should be respected, especially in regard to body image.
6. MacFarlane said Zero Dark Thirty was an example of "a woman’s innate ability to never let anything go."
7. MacFarlane said a scruffy Ben Affleck might be mistaken for a Kardashian.
During a segment featuring Mark Wahlberg and his fictional friend Ted, there was some joking about an orgy that would take place after the ceremony at Jack Nicholson's house. Many have pointed out Roman Polanski was accused of raping a woman at Nicholson's house, so some have taken this as a deliberate reference. It could, of course, have been unintentional, but of all the celebrity homes to choose, it seems odd to randomly pick Nicholson's.I don't even have to explain why joking about rape is problematic, do I?
9. Macfarlane joked that people do not even care that they cannot understand what some actors, such as Salma Hayek, are saying because they're so attractive. I'm pretty sure whatever they're saying is important. And how about we respect accents and different cultures?
Adapted from the article here