Founded in 1974, the Women’s Center was established to:
Dismantle, from a feminist perspective, all forms of oppression, including but not limited to those based on ability, age, class, ethnicity, gender, race, and sexual orientation.
Advocate for an equitable environment free from violence and harassment based on gender, race, and sexual orientation.
Create an anti-racist, non-sexist, queer-affirmative space where all people can feel valued and safe.
Facilitate and strengthen connections among people across lines of difference through programming and educational campaigns.
Integrate an appreciation of Women's Gender and Multicultural Studies across the disciplines.


Monday, February 17, 2014

I love me

Friday February 14,2014 was Valentines Day. Usually Valentines day is the day in which couples all over the world get together and show endless love and support for one another. Single folk are usually down and depressed when they are without a significant other for that holiday, but on Friday I actually learned something. I learned I do not need a significant other to show myself a good time and I do not need someone else to show me how much they love me, because as long as I love myself I will always be happy. Instead of being sad that I did not have a Valentine's Date, during the day I took myself out and pampered myself, and later that night I went out with friends and we had a great time together. Who would have known that a Valentine's Day by yourself would be so much fun. Self-Love is the best love and once everybody realizes that, maybe Valentine's Day will mean something different to everyone. Remember the famous saying, "if you don't love yourself, who else will".

Peace and Love, 
-Tamira.

No comments:

Post a Comment