Founded in 1974, the Women’s Center was established to:
Dismantle, from a feminist perspective, all forms of oppression, including but not limited to those based on ability, age, class, ethnicity, gender, race, and sexual orientation.
Advocate for an equitable environment free from violence and harassment based on gender, race, and sexual orientation.
Create an anti-racist, non-sexist, queer-affirmative space where all people can feel valued and safe.
Facilitate and strengthen connections among people across lines of difference through programming and educational campaigns.
Integrate an appreciation of Women's Gender and Multicultural Studies across the disciplines.


Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Women's Center Poetry!

Hiding behind fake smiles.
I run a way from my reality Into a false one.
Adapting to those around mi making mi self blend in
surrounding my self with faces so that I can Start make up my next persona.
I do not do this to be fake or mislead you.
But with my tears fall more often than they use to
My make up is washed away much quicker
and I'm afraid of what you will see
If we get to the bottom me.
-Poetic_Harmony

Here at the Women's Center, we do not judge you. We love you for who you are, so be yourself not anyone else!

Posted by Program Coordinator Charlen McNeil

No comments:

Post a Comment