Founded in 1974, the Women’s Center was established to:
Dismantle, from a feminist perspective, all forms of oppression, including but not limited to those based on ability, age, class, ethnicity, gender, race, and sexual orientation.
Advocate for an equitable environment free from violence and harassment based on gender, race, and sexual orientation.
Create an anti-racist, non-sexist, queer-affirmative space where all people can feel valued and safe.
Facilitate and strengthen connections among people across lines of difference through programming and educational campaigns.
Integrate an appreciation of Women's Gender and Multicultural Studies across the disciplines.


Thursday, November 10, 2011

Love yourself.

There was a time when I did not feel right within my own skin.
I felt as if everyone was staring at me because of my size.
I would have done anything to go from a size 18 to a size 6.
I stopped eating and started working out harder,
all that did was make me sick and not lose any weight.
My mother, being the kind woman that she is, saw that her child was going through something.
She sat me down to remind me how beautiful I am and that GOD made me this way, and said it’s a wonderful way to be,
that I’m no different than other women.
It was all in my mind.
So remember this: EVERY BODY IS BEAUTIFUL, AND THE WAY YOU ARE IS THE WAY YOU ARE MEANT TO BE. NEVER CHANGE.

I LOVE YOU FOR WHO YOU ARE AND YOU SHOULD TOO.

No comments:

Post a Comment